Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Where I Stand in a Political Society

My family has always preached Liberal ideologies. Yet, as a young child constantly hearing these terms tossed around the dinner table, I had no clue what meaning it actually held. As I began to grow up, I learned what ideals these political groups valued and realized that they are similar to my own personal beliefs. Now, as a young adult, I am able to say that I possess many Liberal ideals of which I apply to my life as an active citizen of the United States.

From a religious standpoint, some Liberal ideals seemed sinful and against what God has called me to believe in. Yet, my morality calls me to support the ideals held by this ideology. For example, the Bible tells me to disagree with abortions. Yet, there are sometimes certain situations which call for an abortion, such as a woman who has been impregnated due to rape or a woman who could die from childbirth complications. The Bible also tells me that same-sex marriage is wrong. Yet, I personally believe that it is to the discretion of a man/woman on who they want to spend the rest of their life with, regardless of sex. These are but two examples of why I am drawn to the Liberal side of politics.

I look forward to participating in the electoral process, and supporting individuals who believe in what I believe in. I deem it highly important to support individuals whose ideals are similar to mine because they are my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment